A donor advised fund (or DAF) might be a great solution for you. With a DAF, you can make gifts to charity to increase your philanthropic impact and obtain financial benefits:
- You enjoy several benefits with your donor advised fund
- Establish a flexible vehicle for annual charitable giving
- Benefit from a more tax and cost-efficient alternative to a private foundation
- Obtain a charitable income tax deduction in the year of your gift
How a donor advised fund works
You make an initial, irrevocable gift of cash or stock to fund a DAF at a sponsoring organization. The assets in your DAF grow tax-free. You make annual recommendations on gifts to be made from your DAF.
Gifts from your donor advised fund
Your donor advised fund has several advantages. You can make one larger gift to a DAF and then recommend grants to us and other nonprofits.
- Easily contribute to philanthropy
- Maximize potential tax benefits
- Invest your donation for tax-free growth
- Simplify record keeping and organization
- Support your legacy planning and giving
Please note your name and the details of your donor wishes (i.e. direct gift to United Way’s Annual Campaign or United Way’s Endowment). If you have any questions about donor advised funds or any planned giving options, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.
Please designate your gift as follows:
United Way of Bartholomew County
1531 13th Street Suite 1100
Columbus, IN 47201
Federal Tax ID #35-1132860
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) recognizes United Way of Bartholomew County as a Section 501( c )(3) public charity.