GIVE A GIFT
Hunger is real in our community and our local food pantries are seeing an increase in need.
More people are coming in looking for food, and some have never sought assistance before.
42 percent of children in our community qualify for free or reduced lunch. 1 in 5 children in Bartholomew County doesn't know where their next meal is coming from.
The Community Food Drive is an effort by the United Way of Bartholomew County and the Bartholomew County Food Insecurity Coalition to ensure our community's three local food pantries are stocked in time to feed our children over the summer. This community effort runs for the entirety of April.
All donations will be split between Love Chapel, The Salvation Army, and the Community Center of Hope. Our goal is to collect 200,000 pounds of food or the monetary equivalent to purchase that food.
- Participate in canned food drives at your church, or company or by collecting food yourself and dropping it off at any First Financial Bank branch or at YES Cinema, 328 Jackson St., Columbus.
- Give a gift that will be given to the food pantries for them to purchase the food on their own.
- Commit to running your own food drive in a group you are involved in.
We have a plethora of materials to help you run your own food drive in your business, church, classroom, or neighborhood.
Get started with these materials:
- Link to video!
- Printable flyer.
- QR code to donate.
- Statistics and language to help with your food drive.
- Most needed food list.
- What A Dollar Buys flyer.
Thank you to First Financial Bank for serving as the title sponsor.